Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wisdom


Dear Daughters,

The description of this blog implies that I want to impart my wisdom to you through my writing. While this is true to an extent, please let me clarify. Any bits of wisdom I have picked up along the way that have any worth at all come straight from the Word of God. I have spent most of this past decade wrapping my brain around the fact that the Bible is the ONLY authority and standard for living, and that it is completely without error. That's where the only true wisdom comes from, girls!

I actually started this blog for you almost three years ago, in March of 2008. At the time, you were 7, 5 and 3 and I was a tad overwhelmed with life in general! I posted only four times from 2008 to today so obviously I wasn't quite ready to write down my thoughts daily! Hopefully now that we are almost out of the preschool years, I can reflect on those sweet times while sharing things the Lord has taught me through them.

In Romans 3:10 scripture tells us "..none is righteous, no, not one.." That includes me, your father, your teachers, your friends, and anyone else that might have influence over your life. You will hear many messages loud and clear from the world, but the reality is that you can't trust a single one of them; not even the ones from me. But rest assured that your Heavenly Father is more than able to offer you truth in every situation. "..to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ!" - Romans 16:27 

I Love You,

Mom

No comments: